The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
There are so many events going on in the Wizarding World that it is hard to keep up, but I will try.
JK Rowling has posted new content on Pottermore about the American Wizarzing School, Ilvermorny
Learn about the school and be sorted into your American house.There are four Ilvermorny houses, named after four magical creatures:
• Horned Serpent – a ‘great horned river serpent with a jewel set into its forehead’
• Pukwudgie – ‘a short, grey-faced, large-eared creature’
• Thunderbird – a creature that ‘can create storms as it flies’
• Wampus – ‘a magical, panther-like creature that is fast, strong and almost impossible to kill’
Which one are you? Let me know here!
The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child I and II–the book! It’s the Special Rehearsal Edition of the script book. It will be released 31 July 2016.
To find others excited about the book, check out GoodReads.
- Harry Potter Festival (Chestertown MD; Oct 2015 (2016 date TBD))
- “The Chestertown Harry Potter Festival is a fan-created non-profit event to celebrate the spirit and theme of Harry Potter and promote our local community and its arts.”
- This is where I met author Chris Mannino.
- Harry Potter Festival at MistiCon 2017 (Laconia, NH; 18-22 May 2017)
- “MISTI-Con is an immersive Harry Potter fan convention held biennially in Laconia, New Hampshire.”
- Harry Potter Cursed Child play in London (London, England; July 30, 2016)
- “The Eighth Story. Nineteen years later.”
- Harry Potter 2016 Calendar from Pottermore (Scroll all of the way to the bottom)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (USA, Nov 18, 2016)
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: What We Know About The Harry Potter Prequel There’s a ton of information here. We are slowly piecing all of the information together!
- Entertainment Weekly Article
- The Harry Potter Role Eddie Redmayne Was Desperate To Play
- Watch Harry Potter Fans Freak Out After Watching Fantastic Beasts Footage